Here’s how you add a custom Zoom background to your video chats
For those new to Zoom, I bet you’re wondering, how do you do that Zoom background options thing during video chat?
Millions of people have flocked to Zoom as the nation works from home during the Coronavirus pandemic. After a few hilarious mess ups from forgetting to turn off the camera, to awkward shouts in the background, many have discovered the little setting that changes your video background into whatever you like.
In the midst of all that is happening, this is a fun way to make meetings less boring or to hide the mess of the room behind you. After all, you still showed up right?
Here’s how to customise your zoom video via desktop:
1. Head to the the Zoom app, click your profile icon in the top right corner, and click Settings.
2. On the left-side menu, click Virtual Background.
3. A few default background options will appear. You can choose one of those or if you have a green screen, select the option.
4. If you want to upload your own photo as your background, click the + icon and a box will pop up allowing you to upload a photo from your computer.
How to change your zoom video background via mobile:
1. Once you’ve logged into your account and join a meeting, tap the three dots at the bottom right hand of the screen to open the ‘More’ menu.
2. Like with desktop, click the Virtual Background.
3. Like with desktop, you’ll be presented with a background from the default options, however, you can just upload your own.
There you have it! If you’re stuck on the perfect zoom background, head to www.zoomvirtualbackgrounds.com for over 200 free options. This seems like a hilarious way to have your team focused on you. They’ve got everything from boardroom to cozy lounges to faux shared workspaces and stunning skyline backgrounds.
Happy video chatting!